Friday, October 9, 2009

Mike got called back to work!

Wow, were we surprised when Tiara called Mike today. He's been laid off since January. God is great! We are very excited, yet this adds some additional stress to our lives right now. Having Mike home everyday with the kids has been great, he's been their taxi driver! Now it's back to relying on the help of my parents. We would be lost without their help! Everyday they will have to help with rides to or from school. Also, Mike will be starting medications in 2 weeks for the MS. And he is going to also stay working part-time at Walmart deli (he just got a raise too!). So mainly this update is to ask for prayers. I am usually stubborn when asked if I need help, but not anymore, not when it comes to asking for prayers!

Please pray for:
Energy for Mike ~ I'm sure working 2 jobs and still being an awesome dad/husband is going to
wear him out! (It amazes me what he does in one day!)

No side effects from the medication (shot)

Numbness to go away/lessen ~ Mike continues to have leg/hand numbness. I'm sure this is very scary for him, and extremely frustrating.

Me! ~ I need to be a great support for Mike, and I'm having a real hard time talking about all of this with Mike. I haven't read a single book from Dr. Landon regarding the meds. I'm just really struggling to talk to HIM about this, it just scares me.


Thank you again for all the support! Everyone's encouraging words, cards, prayers, calls, and continued meals have been awesome! We feel so blessed.


3 comments:

JamieB said...

Kim and Mike,
After reading your blog, I just want to say my prayers are with you all. As a physical therapist, I have worked with a lot of MS patients over the summer. I know I am not a neurologist, but I am pretty familiar with the drugs and can tell you first hand what I have seen through some of my patients. If you have ANY questions about MS, mobility, assistive equipment, please don't hesitate to ask me, I would be more than happy to offer what I can. Again, I am praying for all of you. God bless.

Unknown said...

Yay! Praise the Lord for Mike's job opportunity. We will being praying now for the strength to handle both jobs and home like mixed in will not feeling well. We know this was God's plan so it will all work out! Keep hanging in there Kim. You're so much stronger than you give yourself credit for!! :) Love you guys!
Jenn & Mike

Joe Andary said...

Mike and Kim,
Just read your blog for the first time this morning. We had no idea what was going on. I remember reading some comments on facebook a while back about Mike being sick, but had no idea that it was very severe. The comment posted yesterday on facebook pushed me to find your blog. I really got a pit in my stomach when I read what was going on. I'm happy I read it though, so we can join in the prayer support too. I was also happy to hear the kids seem to be handling it well, and am happy to hear Mike is working full time (plus) again. We will be praying for you all on a regular basis, and will check the blog for updates. God bless you all.
Joe and Joni Andary